Do you want to switch from your old device to a new one? You can do this with an iCloud account. iCloud include different online services, such as cloud storage, photos, calendars and email. If you want to set up your iPhone, you will get prompts to backup data of your phone. Make sure to have an email address to create an iCloud account. A Gmail app may help you to set up an iCloud account on android smartphones. See these steps:
- Go to Gmail and choose “Menu” button at the top.
- Click the selection down arrow of account and hit “Add account – other”.
- Type your iCloud email address and hit next.
- Now input a password and hit next
Gmail will finish this process and give you access to iCloud inbox of Gmail. It will help you to access contacts and calendars on an android device.
Access Mail (iCloud) on Android
Each android device is available with a Gmail app. You can easily configure this account to access the iCloud email account. See these steps to generate a password.
- Move to an Apple ID page and use your email to sign in.
- Open the “Manage” page, check for “Security”. Under “App-specific passwords”, click “Generate Password”.
- You have to enter a description for your password and tap “Create”.
- Make a note for your password so that you can need it as per your needs.
On Android Phone:
- Open Gmail, choose “Menu” button at the top.
- Click the selection arrow and pick “Add account”.
Enter the email address of iCloud along with a newly created password. Gmail will manage the remaining things. After a few moments, you can see an email account of iCloud in the Gmail app.
Sync Contacts of iCloud to Android
You can sync contacts between android and iCloud. It will help you to access your contacts. Open iCloud.com in the browser of your computer and log in. Tap “Contacts” and choose these contacts that you have to export. Click “gear” icon and select export vCard and save a VCF file to a computer.
Now you have to transfer this data to Android phone through cloud storage or USB. You have to open “Contacts – menu – Settings – Import”. Make sure to browse VCF file and import these contacts.
Feel free to improve a VCF file into Google Contacts in a desktop web browser. Remember, this method is reliable to sync contacts. Numerous developers have special apps to sync contacts of iCloud for android. You can choose these apps as per your convenience.
Access Photos of iCloud on Android Devices
If you have Windows PC, you can easily download and view iCloud photos. It will be easy for you to download these photos on your iPhone. You can transfer photos from your PC to android devices.