It is possible to personalize your username, account name, profile name and PC name. When setting up your Windows 10 PC, it will be easy for you to select your username. Moreover, you can change these things later. Here are some essential steps to follow to change your account name in windows.
Change Account Name in Windows 10
Username becomes an integral part of your identity. You will use this name to sign in to Windows 10. Mistakes may happen, but you can fix this name. The name of the account will be displayed on the start menu and login screen. To change the name of account, you have to follow these steps:
- Open “Run – netplwiz”. It will open a list of local users on your PC.
- Choose the desired user and pick properties.
- Next window allows you to edit the name field. You can change the name of your account.
- Make sure to log off and on again to implement changes.
Username will become a unique name for your computer. This name becomes the identity of users on a computer. Make sure to have a similar account name, but the username can be unique. Two users must not use the same username. To change the name of a user on windows 10, see these steps.
Open “Run – netplwiz”. It will open a list of local users on the computer.
Choose the desired user and properties.
Change Name of Profile Folder in Windows 10
In profile folders, users can store relevant data and settings for a user. These folders are created in C:\users folder. It can be tricky to change the name of the folder. Some people try to change the name of the profile folder by renaming it. Remember, numerous application settings may stop working after changing their name. To change the name of a profile folder, you have to be careful.
Try to back up your data on a New tablet or laptop. To change the name of the profile folder, see these steps:
- To change the name of the profile folder, make sure to log in with a different account (also a member of your administrator’s group).
- Once you log in with a different user (admin), go to C:\Users folder.
- Choose a profile folder of your preferred user and hit F2 to rename this folder.
- After renaming, move to “Run – Regedit” and open a registry editor.
- Navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE – SOFTWARE – Microsoft – Windows NT – CurrentVersion – ProfileList”.
- Right-tap on “ProfileList” and hit “Find”. Type in the name of the old profile folder.
- Double-tap “ProfileImagePath” and change “value data” to replace an old profile name with a new one.
You can save data of a folder on your tablet.