WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps available for tablet and smartphone users. Most of us use this app to stay connected with our friends, to send images, videos, audios, and a lot more. One of the best features of WhatsApp is undoubtedly the group messaging feature, which allows us to create Groups with other WhatsApp users.
Even though, interacting with friends and family members in a WhatsApp group is a fun filled activity, some Android tablet users might not have the time to indulge in such an activity while others are not interested to be a part of WhatsApp groups.
If you are a person who doesn’t like to be part of WhatsApp groups or if you simply wish to remove yourself from a certain group, then below are a few simple set of steps that will help you to easily remove yourself from a WhatsApp group.
- Turn on your Android tablet and launch the WhatsApp
- Go to the Chats screen and then long press on the name of the WhatsApp group that you wish to delete.
- Once the group is selected, you will be able to see three dots on the top right corner of the screen of your device.
- Tap on the dots and scroll down until you see an Exit Group You will now have to confirm your decision to leave the group by tapping on the Exit option.
You will no longer be able to see the new messages or conversations in the group, and you can delete the existing conversations on the group by following these simple steps.
- Tap once again on the three dot icon on the top of the deleted WhatsApp group.
- Scroll through the dropdown until you see a More option and then tap on it.
- Select Clear Chat and then choose All Messages from the pop-up. Finally, tap on Clear to delete all the existing conversations from the deleted WhatsApp group.
If you are unable to remove yourself from a WhatsApp group, or if you cannot delete the conversations from a deleted WhatsApp group, then check whether you have installed the latest available update of the app on your tablet. If not, updating the app to the latest version would help you to resolve the issue.